Sunday, April 10, 2011

Melody's Strawberry/Blueberry Bread

Category: Breads
Difficulty Rating: Easy

Melody Nicholson is a baker. And a giver. She says "I either bake for people I love or I give them flowers from my garden". She is truly one of the most loving people I know. She's a Christian and she acts like it. This is one of her recipes. I warn you, this bread is addictive. Especially the carmelized cinnamon crust. GOSH! You will want to just tear off all the edges and eat them on the spot. Note: Strawberries tend to melt into the bread, unless they're big, so blueberries work best for me.

Ingredients:

3 C sifted flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
2 t cinnamon
2 C sugar
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 C vegetable oil
1 C chopped pecans (walnuts are OK too)
1 1/2 pints fresh strawberries, washed, stemmed and drained OR 1 1/4 C frozen blueberries, washed and drained.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degreees. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. In smaller bowl, Mmix eggs and oil, add to dry ingredients. Fold in nuts and berries. Pour into 2 greased 9 X5 loaf pans. Do not try and put the mixture all into one pan. That's a Bozo NoNo! It will not cook in the center. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Slice with a serrated knife and serve. Great with coffee or tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment