Monday, January 31, 2011

Debbie's Comforting Chicken

Catagory: Main Dishes
Difficulty: Very Easy
Not Healthy

Noooo, this is not about a remarkable barnyard chicken who went to nursing school. This dish is so-named because it's my favorite thing to make for people who are sick. I swear this dish has healing properties. I was introduced to it by my friend Debbie Kelly back in about 1985. There I was, sicker than a dog, unable to even get out of bed because I had an inner-ear infection that affected my balance... And my best friend Deb showed up at my door with...(gasp)DINNER. A wonderful, fragrant, melt-y-cheesy dish of chicken-y goodness! Whether it was her kindness or the chicken itself, it made me well! Your family will love it too. Make it for someone who needs your love today...

Debbie's Comforting Chicken

Place 4 whole or 8 half chicken breasts in a greased baking dish. Slice REAL swiss cheese over the top. Mix 1 can cream of chicken soup and 1/4 C white wine (2-Buck Chuck is great for this). Spoon over chicken and cheese evenly. Spread 2 C Pepperidge Farm seasoned stuffing mix over the top of the soup. Melt 1/2 C butter (not margarine) and drizzle over all. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes--until brown and bubbly. This is best served the next day--reheated! Just put foil over the top.

Note: I usually bring this to people with a salad that has oranges in it (vitamin C) and a home-baked dessert with ice-cream (i.e. comfort food).

No comments:

Post a Comment