Sunday, August 21, 2022

Ginger-Chip Cookies

 

My daughter, Lauren, loves these. Because she loves ginger. Ginger root, ginger ale, gingerbread, ginger candy, candied ginger, ginger ANYTHING! I had them first at a cookie exchange long ago when Lauren was about 4. Now, I like ginger, but I don't adore ginger. I have pretty traditional tastes. So, I sort of eyed them suspiciously at first, "hmmmm". Ginger with chocolate? I took a bite anyway. Boom! I was hooked. Sometimes deliciousness is found in unexpected places... 

 Ingredients: 

 3/4 C butter 
1 C sugar 
1 egg 
3 T dark molasses 
2 C flour 
2 t baking soda 
1 t cinnamon 
1 t ginger 
1/4 t cloves 
1/4 t salt 
1 C semi-sweet pieces

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter and sugar, add rest of ingredients and blend until smooth dough forms--using medium to low speed on mixer. Stir in chocolate chips and shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes until cookies are browned and firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment